- Cover: The second annual "Talented 12" issue.
- Worthwhile editorial from Lauren Wolf and Lisa Jarvis on the makeup of the Talented 12 (and the overall chemistry enterprise.)
- Rick Mullin writes about Piramal's acquisition of Ash Stevens.
- I'd be very curious to see what happens at Ash Stevens, and whether their expertise slowly transitions into other branches of Piramal.
- Study about detected pollutants around a fracking site is retracted (article by Deirdre Lockwood.)
- Lots of interesting comments on that one.
- The ACS national awards are out. (article by Linda Wang)
- Pretty sure Guangbin Dong isn't at UT-Austin anymore, though.
- What compounds are in your tattoo? (article by Sarah Everts)
- Chair of the ACS Board of Directors, Pat Confalone: "ACS is an extremely responsive organization..."
Monday, August 22, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few articles from this week's (double) issue of C&EN: