- Cover: Lisa Jarvis on the gender diversity problem in pharma and biotech.
- "Wendy Young, senior vice president of small-molecule discovery at Genentech, points out that her field, medicinal chemistry, seems stubbornly stuck at 20%. That’s the percentage of women who are in the medicinal chemistry division of the American Chemical Society, who publish in medicinal chemistry journals, and who are featured at conferences."
- Green fuels get bacterial infections? (article by Mitch Jacoby)
- An update on Chematica's computer-planned synthetic routes (article by Sam Lemonick)
- Lasers to make distressed jeans for Levi's (article by Melody Bomgardner)
- Cheryl Hogue, with more on Chemours' air emissions of perfluorocarbons.
Monday, March 5, 2018
This week's C&EN
A few articles from this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: