miRagen Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking an Associate Scientist with a minimum two years of experience in nucleoside and nucleic acid chemistry. Responsibilities include:
- Multi-step synthesis of novel nucleoside monomers, linkers, phosphoramidites and bioconjugates.
- Solid phase synthesis and downstream processing of modified RNA, DNA and modified biopolymers.
- Purification and isolation of intermediates and final products using flash chromatography or other purification methods such as HPLC.
- Sample analysis and characterization using NMR, UV spectrophotometry, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Evaluate and develop novel nucleic acid delivery technologies
Qualifications: Suitable candidates will possess a BS or MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field and 2+ years’ experience working in the design and synthesis of modified nucleosides and oligonucleotides including but not limited to the following: modified base and sugar moieties, modified internucleotide bond chemistry, bioconjugate chemistry, and advanced solid phase synthesis of complex oligonucleotides. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively work and communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.Looks like fun -- and they read the blog. What could be better?