|Photo credit: 2spi.com|
2. Grafting trees?
3. Patched a hole in a tire once.
4. Improving the seal on Aldrich Sure-Seal bottles.*
5. This one time, in the lab, we were attacked by rifle-wielding members of another group (they ran out of funding and were getting reagents by alternate means.) My buddy took a round in the shoulder. We plugged it with Parafilm -- it was a pretty bad wound, so it needed two squares.
6. Improving vacuum on a vacuum distillation.
7. I hear the cockpit window of the SR-71 was half-titanium, half-Parafilm.
8. Ran out of earplugs and want to not hear the boss droning on?
9. Made a sculpture of a bird from 2 boxes of Parafilm once -- after hitting it with a heat gun, it flew off.
10. Makes a great last-minute birthday gift for your kids.
11. You know how there's no dental insurance in grad school? Well, I lost a filling once...
*They tell you not to do that -- I believe them.