Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's See Arr Oh week in the chemblogosphere!

See Arr Oh and I did a fun podcast over the Pierre-Yan debacle; go over to Just Like Cooking to hear it. SAO did the editing this time, so you won't get any of my                pauses.

Also, an absolutely stunning kerfluffle happened in the comments on Derek Lowe's post on BlogSyn #003. I'll ignore the negative and accentuate the positive, including this wonderful line from "another process chemist" (emphasis mine):
As a process chemist, I'm amazed that this is controversial in the slightest. Our deliverable is the knowledge used to execute the chemistry, which could then be carried out by an operator anywhere in the world.
If I were the skin art sort (I am not), I might think about having this tattooed on me. Well said.

And congratulations once again to Blog Syn; you guys are on the right side of things. 

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that the ethos of perspective-less self-importance is not restricted to the academic sector of our field.
    Bob Sacamano

    ReplyDelete
  2. As another semi-anonymous poster on the internet, I applaud the efforts of Blog Syn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ,

    You can get custom-designed temporary tattoos.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20