- An analysis of the Nylon-12 crisis and the chemical industry's successful response, by Alex Tullo.
- Antisense is finally here!, by Lisa Jarvis. I clearly remember kidding about the-technology-of-the-future-and-always-will-be with Derek Lowe in 2004.
- A very optimistic former unemployed chemist speaks out on his new academic position.
- 3-D printing in the lab, by Lauren Wolf
- This story of a student-turned-spy-turned-biochemistry professor is pretty wonderful.
- I am quite sure that C&EN got punk'd here, when it published a letter against certain allergy desensitizing techniques by the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. Interestingly, this group is viewed by Quackwatch as dubious and noted skeptical physician David Gorski has inveighed against them.
Monday, February 18, 2013
This week in C&EN
This week's C&EN is a treasure trove of interesting material (to me, anyway). Don't miss:
All in all, a very interesting issue. More to come...