From this week's C&EN, lots of interesting articles:
- I didn't know that a case involving Monsanto's Roundup Ready seeds made it all the way to the Supreme Court. (article by Glenn Hess)
- By Lisa Jarvis, an interview with Lilly's John Lechleiter, CEO and former process chemist. He's says that they're expanding R&D; I hope that's true.
- A small roundup of new trifluoromethylation methods by Stephen Ritter.
- This story about a fertilizer plant in Indiana and IEDs in Afghanistan is fascinating, including a short article where they explain how calcium ammonium nitrate is weaponized for use as explosives. (both by Glenn Hess.)
- From Carmen Drahl, a writeup on #RealTimeChem and a great video on BlogSyn.
- A really nice article on photo conservation science by Sarah Everts.