I must get these posts out of my head! Yesterday's C&EN tidbits:
- Japan's chemical industry is not doing well and is considered high-cost; I wonder why? Article doesn't say.
- This article on lithium battery failure modes is interesting and relevant to the Boeing 787 mess.
- Private equity interested in fine chemicals companies? Um, uh, no thanks.
- This article on potential replacements for BPA in can linings was very interesting; monomer structures would have been nice.
- Of course, the very silly PriceWaterhouseCoopers report on pharma's talent gap needs to be covered.