- Beth Halford has a terribly interesting article about lithium and bipolar disorder.
- This is a very cutesy story about Djerassi and Hoffman; it's nice to see old dudes with whimsy.
- Lisa Jarvis's summary of last week's AstraZeneca doings. Yikes, that's almost 5,000 pharma jobs (not just chemistry) in one week.
- Dow loves shale gas, planning to build more crackers. (by Michael McCoy)
- I wonder how shale gas is going to affect overall chemist employment. It's not like laid-off pharma folks can work in shale gas, right? But I wonder if these crackers (and the R&D that's going to happen around them) will employ chemists....?
- Nobody's very optimistic about selling new analytical equipment at Pittcon. (by William Schulz)
- Are analytical chemists/analytical equipment manufacturers more sensitive to government budget problems?
Monday, March 25, 2013
This week's C&EN
Lots of interesting news: