Wednesday, July 24, 2013

12 things that should matter, but don't

And yet:
  • "But one reviewer loved it!" 
  • "But they said it was the purest they've ever seen!" 
  • "But they're still hiring people at that site!" 
  • "But they said they were going to buy 30 metric tons!" 
  • "But the TLC looked great!" 
  • "But I have lots of skill sets!" 
  • "But we have a great crystal structure!" 
  • "But my phone interview went great!" 
  • "But it worked great in the lab!" 
  • "But we came in with the lowest bid!" 
  • "But they loved my talk!" 
  • "But we reported record profits last year!" 

(P.S. Stay tuned for one more post, I hope.) 


  1. "But we have some cool-looking descriptive data!" (no biological relevance)

  2. "But we hit all our secondary endpoints!"

  3. "But I've already worked 40 hours this week!"