Tuscon, AZ: What kind of project management position for a mining division of BASF requires a Ph.D. in organic or organometallic chemistry? 25% travel required.
Pleasanton, CA: I'm so pleased to note that Clorox is still hiring for entry-level researchers for product development -- pretty cool. Very specific things they're looking for, though:
Candidates must be qualified based on education and expertise in at least one of the following areas:
1. Oxidation using molecules, catalysts or enzymes in aqueous solutions with experience in kinetics and equilibria.This is fun...: A patent attorney is advertising in the job ads. Huh.
2. Aqueous surfactants, colloids and interfacial science for household product formulation.
3. Water soluble polymers for household product formulation.
4. Clay, minerals, and synthetic materials to neutralize or remove odors and contaminants.
5. Microbial environmental interactions, bacterial biofilms, molds, and mechanisms of antimicrobial agents.
Pittsburgh, PA: A random water treatment chemicals company wants a chemist for a product manager -- gotta love the resume submission e-mail "productmanager10 -at- gmaildotcom." Yeah, baby!