- Convince yourself that it's okay to apply for vacation.
- Try to get as much as possible done on your project.
- Hide all your key glassware.
- Remind your bosses 3 days before that you'll be on vacation.
- Work on your (electronic) lab notebook.
- Booby-trap your hood to prevent five-fingered glassware washing.
- Label random flasks random phrases ("big scale workup", "crummy aqueous layer")
- Convince yourself that it's okay to actually go on vacation.
- Breathe that lab air deeply.
- Walk out the door.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Eleven things to do before going on vacation
See you all on Tuesday.