- A long feature by Stephen K. Ritter on sugar and sugar substitutes, including Bob Lustig thundering away at sugar. Happily, some of Lustig's more controversial theories about carbohydrate chemistry are not present.
- I'd love to know if we're going to have taxation of sugared drinks and the like; if they start raising the price of ice cream, I'm gonna be unhappy.
- This article by Albert Censullo on the mole and the kilogram (including a quiz) were interesting and rather confusing for me, as a dumb organic chemist.
- NSF deputy director decided to go to graduate school in theology -- truly the #altchemjobs-est of #altchemjobs. (article by Andrea Widener)
- I found this letter to the editor on fracking additives to be quite educational.
Monday, August 4, 2014
This week's C&EN
Truly, a unique set of articles for this week: