- Lisa Jarvis talks to Michael Sofia, the medicinal chemist behind Sovaldi, about his next targets.
- Interesting story by Andrea Widener about Michael Rogers, the chemist who just retired after many years of working at NIH as "director of the Division of Pharmacology, Physiology & Biological Chemistry in the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS)."
- Short column worth pondering about chemistry's public perception by Bibiana Campos Seijo.
- Read this column by John Adams if you'd like to hear about how ACS develops its public policy positions.
- Alex Scott covers Angela Merkel's speech at BASF's 150th anniversary celebration, which was, um, pretty frank in spots. (I'd love to know if an American president has ever done the same?)
Monday, May 4, 2015
This week's C&EN
From this week's C&EN, interesting tidbits: