- Cover article about new agriculture biotechnology by Melody Bomgartner.
- (I think the idea of robotic sub-farmers that look after individual plants is pretty cool, actually, but what are the economics of that?!?!)
- Glenn Hess covers a legislative attempt in Texas to limit storage of ammonium nitrate fertilizer.
- This article on (not really) flushable wet wipes by Jessica Morrison was both fascinating and icky. One presumes that, with the graying of America, this problem is only get bigger.
- I think it's interesting that BASF is selling its custom synthesis unit and some of its API facilities. Dunno why. (story by Rick Mullin)
- These letters to the editor on Sarah Everts' chemical weapons issue seem rather political, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
- Can the Hamburg firebombing during World War II really be seen as a consequence of chemical weapon use? I guess because there were incendiary devices amongst the bombloads dropped?
Monday, May 11, 2015
This week's C&EN
Lots of interesting articles in this week's C&EN: