- Worthwhile Ann Thayer article on academic drug manufacturing centers/companies.
- I don't quite know what to think about these organizations; the comment about them needing to be ultimately profitable is interesting to ponder.
- Glenn Hess covers the OSHA fines related to deaths of four DuPont workers in LaPorte, TX due to exposure to methyl mercaptan.
- Also by Glenn Hess, the US and Canadian governments are requiring sturdier train cars for shipping flammables.
- I really enjoyed this Sarah Everts piece on the chemical ecology of snow fleas.
- For those in the fine chemicals business, this Rick Mullin article on Asian chemical firms purchasing U.S. sites was very interesting.
- Interesting take by Bibiana Campos Seijo on Ellen Kullman's victory for DuPont over activist investors.
- Classic "why cut R&D?" lament in the letters to the editor.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
This week's C&EN
Inside this week's C&EN: