- Cover story on the outlook for the coming year in US science policy; articles by Britt Erickson, Jeff Johnson, Cheryl Hogue, Andrea Widener
- Beth Halford covers some pretty fun chemistry by the Chirik lab (to tritiate medicinal chemistry compounds) and the Baran lab (to add strained rings onto clinical candidates.)
- Good quote from Baran: "“If you can do fundamental science, that’s great. If you can do applied science, that’s great,” Baran says. “But if you can do both, where you can see the pathway from flask to a patient in the hospital, that’s the most exciting research you can do."
- Mitch Jacoby covers a new polymer-based composite for lithium-ion batteries that prevents overheating.
- Someone in the comments says "there's not a lot new here!!!"
- Proteasome news from Pacifichem. (article by Stu Borman)
- Long article by Michael McCoy about green cleaning products and their biobased sources.
Monday, January 18, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few of this week's articles in C&EN: