- Cover: Linda Wang, on undocumented immigrants in the chemical sciences
- Interesting new technology from the Baran group to access boronic acids (article by Bethany Halford)
- MOFs to detect solvents (article by Jyllian Kemsley)
- A new company to cure hearing loss? Sounds good to me. (article by Lisa Jarvis)
- I've been working around plant equipment routinely 5+ years now - I wonder how my hearing has been affected?
- "C&EN’s annual R&D spending survey shows that 19 large U.S. and European chemical firms collectively cut research outlays by 5.2% in 2016 to $9.7 billion." (article by Marc Reisch)
- Well, that's not good.
- Some d00d writing about cleaning up in the lab.
Monday, April 17, 2017
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles in this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: