Postdoctoral Fellow - Antiviral polymer therapeutics via RAFT polymerisation for Hepatitis C treatment
- Establish the use of high-throughput techniques in the accelerated discovery of antiviral polymer-based prodrugs for the treatment of Hepatitis C
- Design, develop and characterise novel functional copolymers
- Join CSIRO, Australia's leading scientific research organisation
Applications are invited for an Postdoctoral Fellowship in a project that will establish the use of high-throughput techniques (HTT) in the accelerated discovery of antiviral polymer-based prodrugs for the treatment of Hepatitis C. This disease affects over 200 million people worldwide yet the available treatment suffers from poor effectiveness and significant side effects.
To address this global challenge, there is an opportunity to identify successful polymer carriers for delivery of antiviral drugs to the liver and accomplish this using HTT for polymer synthesis, characterisation and evaluation.
Location: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Salary: $81k - $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation Reference Number: VIC13/01482A couple of questions:
- Is there really more need for Hep C treatments? Do the available treatments really suffer from poor effectiveness?
- Are Australian postdocs really paid this much?!? Perhaps I'm wrong, but it appears that they're paying a postdoc $83,000 US. Wow!