- Enjoyed reading/learning about immune cell therapy in Lisa Jarvis' cover article.
- Those interested in the inside-baseball of journal editing and consecutive appearances in the literature will enjoy this Carmen Drahl article.
- Gosh, this Marc Reisch article about Chinese chemical manufacturers driving out competition in the artificial sweeteners market is interesting; wonder where the stuff that goes into Diet Cokes comes from?
- "FROM MY ICY COLD DEAD HANDS" is what my grad school self would have said.
- I feel like this article on cryoprotectant compounds is a really big deal -- maybe I'm just remembering all the effort I used to put into keeping cells cold back in the day. (article by Bethany Halford.)
- Interesting idea from a former chemist to put more scientists into Congress through a PAC. (article by Jessica Morrison)
Monday, October 6, 2014
This week's C&EN
Lots of interesting things in this week's C&EN: