- Marc Reisch notes that Agilent is getting out of the NMR business; sigh.
- One of the interesting aspects of getting the American Chemistry Council's morning newsletter is seeing them consistently back Republican senatorial candidates. Not a surprise, but perhaps something I was not fully aware of. Glenn Hess takes note of the trend.
- Also interesting to see that Mary Landrieu (D - LA) is strongly supported by ACC.
- I am extraordinarily skeptical that these results in PNAS on a compound in broccoli that improves autism symptoms will be replicated; we'll find out soon enough, I suppose. (article by Elizabeth K. Wilson)
- I enjoyed this article about the chemical aspects of Thomas Edison's labs by Susan Ainsworth.
Monday, October 20, 2014
This week's C&EN
Lots of interesting tidbits in this week's C&EN: