- A letter to the editor proposing a "Division of Cannabis Chemistry" -- I suspect this is really gonna happen, folks.
- Hey, look, it's some letters about climate change!
- This agreement between journals about reproducibility standards is interesting -- the non-explanation explanation from ACS Publications is interesting, too. (article by Andrea Widener)
- An article by Glenn Hess and Andrea Widener on the election results and chemical industry matters before Congress.
- I wish I understood TSCA better so I could understand more how the elections made a difference (even though, broadly, I suspect the new Senate leadership will not be friendly towards the "TSCA needs to be stricter" folks.)
- A Chinese firm buys a former Boehringer Ingelheim API plant in Virginia? Glad to hear there might be some folks who will keep their jobs thanks to this deal, although I remain a bit skeptical. (article by Jean-François Tremblay and Rick Mullin)
Monday, November 10, 2014
This week's C&EN
Plenty to chew on: