- I still marvel at the details of the history of the birth control pill that are being hashed out in the letters to C&EN.
- Worthwhile look by Lisa Jarvis into the academic/pharma collaboration model. (reg) Sounds positive right now -- will be interesting to see what shakes out in 3 years or so.
- This isn't going away, is it? I wonder if it has lowered pharma's R&D costs?
- This Mitch Jacoby article about precious metal catalysts in cleaning indoor air is educational -- what, the Ionic Breeze isn't gonna work for me?
- This Alex Tullo piece on a CRO (MATRIC) in West Virginia's Chemical Valley (reg) is really interesting to me -- it is difficult for me not to trace a path between the rough times that the chemical industry has already had and the troubles of pharma in the last decade.
- I should offer a prize to whomever can figure out this letter complaining about ChemDraw.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
This week's C&EN
Busy day yesterday, apparently. A few non-employment related tidbits from this week's C&EN: