- It took me a bit to recognize that new chemicals spin-off "Chemours" is a play on DuPont's full name. (by Alex Tullo)
- It's terribly funny to me that activist investors are critiquing DuPont for having a downtown headquarters in Wilmington, DE; is the real estate there really that expensive?
- Interesting article on Cuba and thoughts on what diplomatic recognition will mean for science/chemistry, by William Schulz. It'll be very, very interesting to see if Cubans would ever allow FDA inspections of its biotherapeutics manufacturing facilities...
- Seems to me to be a big deal that GMO corn and soybeans will be allowed into China (article by Britt Erickson)
- I honestly have no idea what to think of this Rick Mullin interview of former Pfizer R&D head John LaMattina. The football analogy is really lost on me.
- This remembrance of Paul von Ragué Schleyer is really worth reading, especially the ending anecdote.
Monday, January 5, 2015
This week's C&EN
A quiet-ish first week at C&EN this week: