- Nice article by Britt Erickson on the nexus between chemistry and government regulation regarding e-cigarettes.
- I will be very interested in seeing if we'll actually have a 2016 budget that actually involves an increase in federal R&D spending, as President Obama would like. (from C&EN's Government and Policy Department)
- I love this Marc Reisch story about dietary supplements and their purity; that said, I wonder how accurate this new technique is?
- Neat Stu Borman story about the new reaction between Suzuki and Hiyama cross-coupling partners.
- So happy Bethany Halford is looking at how organic chemists are using the Fujita "crystalline sponge technique" for X-ray crystal structure determination.
Monday, February 16, 2015
This week's C&EN
Lots of longer worthwhile pieces in this week's C&EN: