- Cover: Deuterium drugs, by Bethany Halford
- I think the best part of the article was the scientist saying "people always come to me as if this is a new idea, and I have to warn them..."
- Cheryl Hogue has a long article about the recent revision to TSCA.
- New helium field discovery (article by Marc Reisch)
- There's some media criticism to be done (not about C&EN!) about how this story played out in the scientific press. A lot of sites were just about straight copies of the press release, there were a couple of short articles that debunked the "helium shortage" narrative.
- All of that said, I would really like to know what the overall helium industry thinks of this new discovery; I suspect it is not as world-shattering as the discoverers think, but we shall see! (I suspect they would say that it is the discovery method itself they are most pleased about.)
- The Charest settlement, covered by Jyllian Kemsley.
- Don't miss the comment from the former director of med chem at the Broad Institute.
- Bibiana Campos Seijo doesn't have happy things to say about Brexit.
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's issue of C&EN: