- Cover story: "The rise of organic LEDs" by Jean-François Tremblay
- Did not know iridium was $19/gram - yikes!
- I really enjoyed this profile of the DEA efforts to track "designer drugs" by Erika Gebel Berg.
- If you want to read different parts of the refrigerants industry dog one another (which is fun!), this Marc Reisch piece on ammonia refrigeration is a great start.
- (Anyone ever notice how "chemical incident at grocery store" is always about ammonia leaking from the coolers?)
- Jeff Johnson covers a tempest over a PNAS paper about methane leaks around natural gas extraction sites.
- ACS director-at-large Ingrid Montes, on gender disparities in STEM worldwide.
Monday, July 11, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's issue of C&EN: