Friday, June 19, 2009

Daily Pump Trap: 6/19/08 edition

Including June 17, there have been 28 new jobs posted on the ACS Careers jobs database. Let's see what we got:

For the young amongst us: Ben Venue Laboratories is looking for a bachelor's-level chemist with 2 years of analytical experience, looks like. Nice position and Ohio is a low cost-of-living state! The company appears to be owned by Boehringer Ingelheim, which I believe is one of pharma's few privately owned companies...

Saginaw? Really?: Dow Corning has posted a senior process chemist position, for a Ph.D. materials science-type with semiconductor experience. I'm glad to see that there are some technical jobs left in Michigan, which is one of the country's loveliest states.

Want to see the world?: If you have a Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with a postdoc, you may be interested in this position in beautiful and warm Hyderabad, India working for DuPont. That's right, you too can be paid in rupees for doing chemistry in crop protection science. I like how they note that you'll be working "closely" with the Delaware folks -- what's that mean exactly? Like you'll be doing the teleconference equivalent of getting them coffee?

Good news for Vertex?: Vertex is looking for a M.S. or Ph.D.-level pharmaceutics-type to do formulating. This, I would imagine, is indication of productive things coming out of their pipeline. Call me crazy. (You're crazy. -ed.)

Caveats and explanation: The Daily Pump Trap is a blogging of the interesting jobs that come across the ACS Careers website. It is not a complete accounting of the jobs that are published there, just the ones I find interesting or amusing or worthwhile. Registration is required for the ACS job database -- I know, I know -- I'm sorry if you don't have access. Then again, e-mail me if that's an issue and I'll try to see what I can do for you personally (within reason, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20