Thursday, August 11, 2016

Ivory Filter Flask: 8/11/16 edition

A few of the academic positions posted on C&EN Jobs:

Austin, TX: The University of Texas - Austin is looking for two new assistant professors.

Cambridge, MA: Harvard's got its usual posting for fall 2017.

Naperville, IL: North Central College has an opening for a tenure-track position; interesting that postdoctoral experience is required preferred (thanks VTJ!).

Hamilton, NY: Colgate University is looking for an assistant professor of biochemistry.

Wilkes-Barre, PA: Wilkes University is looking for an assistant professor of biophysical chemistry. "The applicant will have a broad background in chemistry with expertise in experimental physical biochemistry."

St. Petersburg, FL: Eckerd College is searching for an assistant professor of analytical chemistry.

OMAHA: Creighton University (Omaha, NE) is looking for an assistant professor of analytical chemistry.

Williamstown, MA: Williams College is searching for two professors; an assistant professor in biochemistry and one in physical/analytical/environmental chemistry.

The List: The 2017 Faculty Jobs List (curated by Andrew Spaeth) is at 83 positions.

2 comments:

  1. For North Central, I see "post-doc preferred" in their advertisement. If anyone is interested in applying, let me just advise that they seem very serious about undergraduate research and have a pretty good reputation for the size/type of school that they are. I had a Skype interview with them for an organic position two years ago and they asked me a lot about how I would conduct research with specific groups of students, what equipment I would need/want and how I planned to obtain anything they didn't already have, what grants I planned on applying for, etc. It was very different from the type of interview I had previously had with PUIs and I was woefully unprepared for many of their questions. About half-way through, I wanted to put my head in my hands and ask them if we could just end the interview. It was a great learning experience but still makes me uncomfortable thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20