- Very interesting article about yeast and beer brewing by Matt Davenport. (Don't care what you say, but marijuana beer sounds yucky.)
- Additionally, a good read by Jyllian Kemsley on the laboratory safety of marijuana extraction.
- I'll repeat a mantra of mine, speaking as a marijuana non-user: if cannabis is going to be legal, it's the responsibility of chemists to run the home butane hash oil folks out of business.
- Interesting chemical accident statistics from Andrea Widener.
- I did not know of Professor Graham Fleming before, but it appears that he resigned from a position as a vice chancellor of research for UC-Berkeley because of accusations of sexual harassment. (by Jyllian Kemsley)
- Really fascinating conversation between Sarah Everts and Patrick McNutt, a Ph.D. molecular biologist, and current chemical weapons researcher for the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense.
- This letter to the editor about "persistent old chemists" is pretty funny and the backstory/politics must be intense.
- I'm sure I'm going to be writing letters to the editor in 2045 about the Bengu Sezen case and how kidsthesedays are forgetting about her tragic example.
Monday, April 20, 2015
This week's C&EN
Lots of interesting tidbits in this week's C&EN: