- Uh, did you switch the sample with someone else's?
- When was the last time your instrument was maintained?
- We did have an outage last week.......
- Run it again, please.
- Look, I recrystallized this stuff twice.
- I know this is a difficult method.....
- Say, do you have a calibration curve for that measurement?
- I knew I shouldn't have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
- Have you power cycled your instrument?
- How does it compare to a standard?
- Is there a different instrument we can run it on?
- Why won't your magic silver god give me the right answers?!?!?
Friday, February 12, 2016
Twelve reasons why it could not be that your sample is not pure enough
So you get your results back from QC or maybe from your friendly local NMR or mass spec person and they don't look like what you want them to look like. OF COURSE, it couldn't be your fault, so here are some handy questions to ask while you're
denying reality being thorough :
NB actually saying these things out loud is not a good idea