Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ask CJ: who are your favorite pharma/biotech analysts/writers?

Great question from the inbox, and one that I'd love to get an opinion on myself: 
Dear CJ and friends, 
As a relatively new chemistry hire in Pharma, I've been looking to broaden my perspective on the industry. In a world where everyone and their pet gerbil is a SeekingAlpha writer who spews out the shallowest of hot hot takes on the latest company press releases, I would like to know which analysts you and your readers think are worth the time and clicks.  
I'm not just looking for industry news, I want people with strong, but thoughtful opinions: particularly those who write from a business perspective, but show a passable understanding of the science behind it. One such person who comes to mind, for instance, is Adam Feuerstein. 
I'm wondering if your readers could list a few of their favorite industry analysts and writers, 
With eternal gratitude,
Anonymous
My two answers that come off the top of my head? Matt Herper at Forbes and Lisa Jarvis at C&EN. 

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget Ed Silverman and the rest of the team over at StatNews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Bruce Booth. A good look into the VC/business side grounded in actual scientific reasoning/research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you'd count Derek, but I find his analyses (and meta-analyses of the writings of some of the aforementioned analysts) to be quite thoughtful and informative. Of course, this supposes that a pharma-aligned chemist is not familiar with ItP...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find the FriecePharma newsletters as good industry coverage and insightful interviews/articles. Because they have broken down into various areas you can select those of particular interest.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20