- Cover story: the top 15 instrument firms (by Ann Thayer)
- Andrea Widener covers Cherry Murray, the director of the Department of Energy's Office of Science.
- The comment about "star students" in MIT's physics department going to Bell Labs is fascinating; I wonder where they go now?
- I sure hope the answer isn't "Wall Street."
- Lots of comments at Jyllian Kemsley's latest article about the University of Hawaii flammable gas explosion.
- I am really stumped about the case for Wacker's polysilicon plant in Tennessee. The people interviewed by Michael McCoy are, too, it seems.
- Your two ACS presidential candidates will be Peter Dorhout and Thomas Gilbert. (article by Linda Wang)\
- Fair number of comments about virtual reality and chemistry.
- Interesting comment that "I can already see my molecules." Fair enough, but perhaps the point of virtual reality may be to show you where your chemical intuition is wrong?
Monday, April 25, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's C&EN: