- A synthetic reaction that demonstrates conservation of mass (yes, they all do.)
- This will be done in a school, so the ingredients need to be readily available (purchased at a supermarket, not at a lab supply house.)
- The ingredients need to be relatively non-toxic.
- Color changes, physical property changes would be better.
- Can be a demo, doesn't need to have students doing all of them.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Bleg: reactions that show conservation of mass?
I was talking with a middle school teacher that is looking for a reaction that is more interesting than "vinegar plus baking soda" that demonstrates conservation of mass in an interesting fashion. So, we're looking for:
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.