- Long feature today about persistent organic pollutants by Stephen Ritter; I had never heard of the Kepone story. Yikes.
- I see NIH is wanting more peer reviewers for grants. (by Andrea Widener)
- Stu Borman covers the discovery of the protein targets of englerin A - I confess I had not heard of this natural product.
- Marc Reisch looks at a carbon nanotube startup called Molecular Rebar Design. (I did not know that global demand for carbon nanotubes was at 520 metric tons!)
- Check out ACS' new policy statements and submit your comments for the next set for which they're seeking comments. (by Linda Wang)
- Interesting Celia Henry Arnaud piece on changing chemistry curricula.
Monday, March 2, 2015
This week's C&EN
Plenty of interesting tidbits in this week's C&EN: