- Fascinating story (to me, anyway) about the partnership between large and small pharma firms and CMOs. (article by Ann M. Thayer, Jean-François Tremblay, Michael McCoy)
- Lisa Jarvis covers AstraZeneca spinning off its antibiotics unit.
- Two stories on the CSB; an interview with outgoing chair Rafael Moure-Eraso by Jeff Johnson and a short profile of the incoming chair, by Glenn Hess
- Linda Wang writes that ACS will be cosponsoring the 2015 National Organic Symposium with the University of Maryland's chemistry department.
- (Does this mean that there are fewer industrial sponsors than previous years? Kinda looks like it, doesn't it?)
- Thanks to Susan Ainsworth's article on upcoming ACS Council business in Denver, I've learned that there's a petition to institute a procedure to expel members. Fascinating.
Monday, March 9, 2015
This week's C&EN
Lots of neat tidbits in this week's C&EN: