Director of Life Sciences (revised 8/20/15)
The American Council on Science and Health is looking for a Director of Life Sciences.
We are a 37-year old 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to debunk junk science and medicine, especially as it pertains to public education and policymaking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Ph.D. in biology (required)
- Experience in molecular biology is essential
- Expertise in genetic modification is essential; (we routinely write about GM technology, and personalized medicine based on genetic markers...)
- Microbiology is a plus
- Have excellent writing, and communication skills
- Be able to explain complex, technical issues to a broad audience
We are a small, but rapidly growing organization. This means so we all have responsibilities that are in addition to the our primary positions (editing, recruiting, and managing large projects, whatever it takes).
This is a full time position with benefits.
This is an in-office job. It will be necessary to work out of our office in Manhattan. On rare occasions, working from home will be appropriate. We are looking for a high energy, imaginative individual who will do whatever is necessary to help us grow. In return, you will have a challenging, exciting and fun job that will have you looking forward to getting to work in the morning.
Please send CVs and cover letters to:
Dr. Josh BloomBest wishes to those interested.
Director of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science