Chemistry - Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in discovery synthetic chemistry efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel linkers, payloads and linker-drugs technologies for preclinical evaluation and clinical use. The successful candidate will have strong synthetic skills, outstanding attention to detail and excellent record keeping abilities.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize biologically-active organic small molecules and linkers
- Contribute to optimization and validation of synthetic routes applicable for cGMP manufacturing of linker-drugs on multigram scale
- Maintain excellent experimental records for research and development efforts
- Contribute to development and optimization of analytical characterization methods for linker-drugs.
- BSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Experience in multistep organic synthesis
- Strong small molecule purification skills
- Knowledge of common spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Highly organized and disciplined record keeping
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent laboratory practices and safety techniques are essential
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment