- Here's Lauren Wolf's opening essay.
- A survey on how chemists use the Internet.
- I love this Martyn Poliakoff piece on the periodic table and the Web.
- Carolyn Bertozzi talks about online serendipity.
- Derek Lowe's comments on the chemistry blogosphere and the literature.
- Here's Paul Bracher's piece on ChemBark.
- Comments on the job market by some rando.
- This story on new beryllium safety standards by Andrea Widener is interesting - I had no idea that it was used outside of nuclear weapons.
- Bethany Halford covers work by the Buchwald group on embedding air-unstable compounds in paraffin capsule. It's so simple, I feel dumb for not having thought of it before.
- C&EN has released chemistry emoji (article by Linda Wang.)
Monday, August 17, 2015
This week's C&EN
This week's C&EN is a double issue, focused on how the Internet has changed chemistry: