- Shane Caldwell writes about thial-S-oxides.
- The latest Chemical Dependence podcast is about black pepper.
- Good news on the employment front, with 242,000 new jobs in February and the unemployment rate is at 4.9%.
- Some PR firm must be ghostwriting these "skills gap" pieces for CEOs and the such,
- Ever wonder what it is like to attend a program at the London Business School? Hear from the Cubist Crystal blog.
- The latest from Stellen Fuer Chemiker for February 29.
- Want to find out what it's like to be a Chemical Safety Board investigator? Find out from Mary Beth Mulcahy, over at Jyllian's blog.
- I enjoyed this post about platinum at the Industry Voices blog at ACS.
- If you enjoy the whole retraction game, this one about a group of Chinese researchers referencing "the Creator" in PLoS One is just bizarre and fascinating.
- My take: I strongly suspect this is a translation/cultural difference, and not an attempt to inject intelligent design into a scientific paper.
- Nice list of resources for post-Ph.D. careers by Boaz Vilozny.
Friday, March 4, 2016
10 ml Dean-Stark traps
Small, useful things (links):
Readers, an open invitation to all interested in writing a blog, a hobby that will bring you
millions thousands hundreds tens of dollars joy and happiness. Send me a link to your post, and I'd be happy to put it up.