- Experience fabricating, functionalizing, and processing nanomaterials
- Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particles
- Experience with optical microscopes, UV-Vis, DLS, Zeta-Potential,TEM, or SEM
- Sol-gel chemistry, specifically the fabrication and functionalization of silica and titanium dioxide nanoparticles and core-shell composites.
- Synthesis of unagglomerated, low coefficient of variation gold, silver, copper, platinum, and magnetite nanoparticles.
- Strong analytical background including experience with TEM, DLS, Zeta Potential, and optical microscopy and spectroscopy.
- Nanoparticle surface functionalization for transfer between organic and aqueous dispersions.
- Pilot or production scale chemistry including reactor design, production scale manufacturing, or continuous flow processes.
- Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particle,