|Credit: C&EN, 2014 ACS Starting Salary Survey|
- Unemployment of 2014 B.S. chemistry graduates was 12.4%, down from 14.9% in 2013. Good news.
- Full-time and part-employment of B.S. chemistry graduates was basically flat, with 38% with permanent, full-time positions (37% in 2013) and 9% with part-time positions (same as 2013).
- Median starting salaries were up/flat for B.S. chemistry graduates to $40,000 (up from 2013's 39,600.) Median starting salaries were down for M.S. grads at $52,000 (down from $55,000 in 2013) and for Ph.D. graduates $62,000 (down from 2013's $75,800.)
- All salaries fell in measurement from 2005 constant dollars.
- Women were 52% of B.S. chemistry graduate respondents.
- The pay gap between male and female respondents was pretty steep around 17%.