- This week's cover story on phthalates is by Michael McCoy. Interesting stuff.
- I sense that the replacement of phthalates is mostly about capitulating to the public's fears - am I crazy?
- Pretty exciting antimalarials news from a team at the University of Dundee, written up by Judith Lavelle.
- As a fan of doughnuts, I'm actually sorta kinda sad that trans fats are on their way out. Probably all to the better. (article by Britt Erickson)
- Fascinating article about the chemistry of hookah smoke by Sarah Everts.
- Yet another letter to the editor on cannabis chemistry.
- Does anyone actually think NIH will begin research on cannabis compounds anytime soon? If so, when?
Monday, June 22, 2015
This week's C&EN
A few of the stories from this week's C&EN: