- This long article by Melody Bomgardner about the phaseout of methyl bromide in California strawberry fields is worthwhile.
- Coverage of the Royal Society of Chemistry's "Chemperceptions" survey - I should have something to say about this in the next day or two. (article by Steven K. Gibb.)
- Interesting article by Maureen Rouhi about Japanese universities opening up their undergraduate programs to international students.
- Interesting that Penn is starting a professional science master's program in chemistry that charges full tuition. (article by Celia Henry Arnaud)
- Dunno how I feel about this, but it will be interesting to see if the cost increases over time.
- Sergio Jorge Pastrana, foreign secretary of the Cuban Academy of Sciences, has a message for you all.
Monday, June 8, 2015
This week's C&EN
A few stories from this week's issue: